- Read and understand blueprints to position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, using jigs, welders, and hand tools
- Determine required equipment and welding methods, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques for projects from light aluminium frames to structural steel.
- Locate and mark, workpiece bending and cutting lines, allowing for stock thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and other component specifications.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, to bend, cut, form, drill, or otherwise assemble metal components.
- Set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Proficiency in MIG welding steel and aluminium.
- Oxy-acetylene, Arc, and TIG welding an asset.
- Experience in installation of elements for the trade show industry and larger interior and exterior projects.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Provide knowledge to junior metal workers.
- Provide customer service.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Detail oriented
- Proficient problem-solving skills
- Dedicated team-player